Monday, July 2, 2012

Painted Thoughts

When my brain gets scrambled and I cant form words to explain whats inside I draw. Bad news, I lost my sketch book. Not quite sure how that happened, but it did and I was stranded with no out.

I was sitting on my bed when my brain just exploded and I literally shot off of my bed, I went straight to my paints.

Never in my life have I painted, because I am not so good at it, but I said "what the hell". It definitely wasnt going to kill me to try it out.

Discovered, however, that I cant use a paint brush, everything is fingerpainting. As weird as it may sound, I feel closer to the painting, as though its straight from me, my thoughts, my soul, and nothing can get in the way of that when I do it with my fingers, hands, or arms. I go into a whole different world.

As it turns out, its kind of fun to try new things to distract yourself with, things you dont think you would like could become one of your favorite things, no matter how poor the outcome is. So try something out of your comfort zone, chances are youll really enjoy it.

So I really would rather not explain the paintings, you can decipher those as you wish, but here you go, a link to my brain splatter.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I love the idea of painting, but I fail every time I try. Thanks for the encouragement--maybe I'll step out of the comfort zone...soon?
    becky

    ReplyDelete