Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two Months

Its funny how when youre trying to overcome something the little things are so important. In the beginning its the days that were important and then the weeks and when the number of weeks is too hard to remember you start counting the months. Today, January 15, 2012, it has been exactly two months since I last self harmed. People tell me how proud they are that I have made it, but I wouldnt say that I am proud at all. I feel like two months is nothing, plus being hopeless for so long its hard to have even a little bit of hope that I  will keep it up, I mean, I have been here before, two months then fail, one month then fail, nine months then fail, its hard to think I will actually make it for good.

What is different about this time is that I decided that this is what I wanted, every other time it was because people pressured me to do so. I needed to do it at my own pace and everyone else wants to see quick results. I want this for myself, I want it for my loved ones, I want to do it, period. Its been a tough road the last two months, but hopefully this time it actual lasts and in ten years I can blog again about how far I have come.

For now, I guess, that I should be proud of myself. Two months is better than one day.

4 comments:

  1. Wanting it yourself, for yourself, is a significant step, and a reason to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, the very first step is doing it for yourself... It's very easy to say that you will do things when others ask (and not really stay on that path.) You being proud of yourself for the steps that you are taking is more important than anyone else being proud of you!!! That being said, as hard as this is to blog about, it seams like it's a part of your inner healing process... Sometimes it's easier to write about things than it is to actually verbalize them. Keep it up and know that you are well LOVED by many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I am so proud of you for sharing your story and struggles. You amaze me with your courage and honesty. There are so many who love you. Never forget this. Lori

    ReplyDelete