Sunday, September 30, 2012

Monster Inside the Dark

*When times are confusing,scary, manic, I write,draw,paint, never sure of what will come of it. Everything comes straight from my brain, I don't think, just let the pen throw things down. So, as I have had a rough week, I was not all in my right mind, this poem is what came of it. I would love to hear what people on the outside have to say about it, good or bad, I don't have any expectations or attachments toward it, just want to see how its seen from a different angle. Also, poem could potentially be triggering, so if that's a problem for you I encourage you to skip this post.


The lights are off
as if I forgot to pay
The light bill again

The darkness is scary, consuming, evil.
There's no where you can go
to get away

It hugs you
tighter than you can handle
Not giving in, refusing to let you free
sucking the breathe straight out of you.

You fight, you push, you pull
The grip only gets tighter
The monster in shadows is real
Once it gets you there is no way out

You only have one choice
Be the sacrifice
Let the monster take you, consume you
Eat you and spit you out
You take your final breathe

The lights are back on
They come in to save you
but its far too late, you're forever lost
They find your lifeless body laying in a bloody mess.

Tears fill their eyes, they are too late
I'm gone, sacrificed to save them all
No one deserves this, all I've gone through
I want them to know it was for them
My blood, the sacrifice

But what is it they see?
What was a monster to me
was really nothing BUT me

Those tight, evil arms of the monster were nothing
but my own anxiety, taking over me
The teeth that digged deep into my skin, a pain undefinable,
was the sharp edge of a brand new blade

I did this.
I lost control.
I wasn't thinking straight.
I didn't care to fight it.
I was submissive to my own internal monster

I wanted blood,
I would stop until I got it.
Once slice, two slice, three
Then it was the end for me.

Blood, Blood everywhere
Red, crimson, beautiful
Sticky against my pale white skin
A cut so deep that I can literally see inside.
My skin opened like a zipper.

I guess I should have opened my eyes.
I should have seen that the monster was me.
Now its too late,
But you can all learn from me,
Let me be your sacrifice
And don't forget to pay the electric bill again.

1 comment:

  1. It's a horror story, but nobody should be manipulated by an evil voice. The horror begins with lies piled upon lies, so the truth is the shield you must carry at all times.

    ReplyDelete