Sunday, March 25, 2012

Butterfly Project

Since trying to stop cutting I have had one rule, Do Not Go And Buy A Blade. Well, this week has been one of the worst in a long while, not cutting makes it even worse because that's the only place my head goes. Pictures of it over and over. So, I failed, the two words that absolutely kill me to say, I went and bought myself some blades with full intentions of using them. Thank God, I have amazing people in my life that I can talk to, that will take those blades even if I don't fully want to let them go.

Now that the blades are gone I am trying something new to stop myself during those weak points.This something is called the Butterfly Project. There are rules:


  1.  When you feel like you want to cut, take a marker, pen, or sharpies and draw a butterfly on your arm or hand.
  2. Name the butterfly after a loved one, or someone that really wants you to get better.
  3. You must let the butterfly fade naturally. NO scrubbing it off.
  4. If you cut before the butterfly is gone, you’ve killed it. If you don't cut, it lives.
  5. If you have more than one butterfly, cutting kills all of them.
  6.  Another person may draw them on you. These butterflies are extra special. Take good care of them.
  7.  Even if you don’t cut, feel free to draw a butterfly anyways, to show your support. If you do this, name it after someone you know that cuts or is suffering right now, and tell them. It could help.
At the moment I have five different butterflies on my body, all drawn on my someone else. Thus far I have held back from cutting and I think the butterflies have played a part in that, I wouldn't want to kill something named for someone I love, sounds silly but it kills me to be a failure. Anyways, those of you who have been in a struggle try this one out, it could help you out at least a little.

1 comment:

  1. Stay STRONG Sara, you have amazing will to be a survivor!! I'm always here if you ever need anything, I hope that you know that.

    Cherish those butterflies that you now have always remember that no matter what, you are loved by alot of special people. I love you dearly. I know that you are a survivor and can get through this.

    The age old cliche' one day at a time are words to live by!!! Love, Aunt Stacy

    ReplyDelete