Friday, April 6, 2012

Beckys Thought

"OK, here goes....I'm sometimes afraid of talking to someone who is emotionally in a difficult spot for fear that I might say something that will send them over the edge. Sometimes I find it hard to be honest about my own hurts and fears and frustrations, because they seem minor compared with what you are going through. And I just want you healthy and better....I can't help it.
Becky"


I'm addressing this comment by Becky because she brings up a good point, even I sometimes feel as though someone Else's struggles are more significant than mine so I should just stay quiet. Truth of the matter is that no ones problems are more than anyone Else's, you cant really compare struggles in that way because every human being struggles differently, they feel it differently. In all, I would say to not be afraid to talk to someone who is going through some major struggles. Its most likely that the person would prefer to hear your problems so they don't have to focus on their own for a bit. It gets rough talking about your own struggles all the time and feeling like you're under a magnifying glass, just saying. You cant make anyone better, but you sure can walk along with them so they don't ever have to feel alone.

1 comment:

  1. That helps a lot. It takes the pressure off of me feeling like I have to say or do the right thing. I know your situation isn't my responsibility and I have to let go of the fact that I can't "fix" you (though who knows what that would look like!). Thanks!
    becky

    ReplyDelete