Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 13

What is the biggest realization about self harm you’ve had?


The fact that it truly is an addiction was a big realization for me. Before it's you, you think it's this silly thing people do for attention or whatever reason and that it's just something simple to quit, but it's far from. Like any addiction it controls your life. But I also realizes how much the addiction affects the people who love you. To this day, that fact is dificult to really comprehend, but I've seen it, I've lived it. I've seen so many people in my life hurt by my actions and it kills me, it was never what I wanted. But I've been on the other side too so I know exactly how it feels to feel helpless to help someone in their struggle with self harm. It's just that you'd never expect that something like cutting could hurt so many people.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment