Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 18

Write a letter to the future (recovered) you.


I've been avoiding this question. I just don't have a clue what I'd even say to myself, "way to go, you are 'recoveted', but you wouldnt have to recover if you weren't stupid to cut yourself in the first place." Or "well based on prior 'recoveries', this is only temporary so don't get too comfy" or "you 'recovered' but are still miserable. It wasn't the cutting, it was all of it. You still have a way out" or even "i still hate you 'recovered' or not".... As you can tell nothing positive comes to mind thinking of the future me,the present me, the broken me,the 'recovered' me. Id like to say I'm proud of you, you've come so far, you made it, but that all seems like what everyone else would say. If you haven't caught on thus far, let me fill you in on a secret... I have an extremely negative self image and that's what makes this hard. So, let me see, at least one semi positive thing to the future Sara......I can tell my future self that it was a good idea to talk about such a taboo subject because it has helped so many in their recovery. You've helped so many with your own "recovery".


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment