Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 21

Have you stopped in the past? What is different this time?

I have definitely tried to stop in the past. During senior year of high school I had quit. I made it nine months, right til my birthday in college, and I gave in and started up again, that time worse than before. Cutting carried me all the way to the psych ward where, obviously, I had to quit. That lasted two months and I started again. Then made it nearly four months and gave in and now I am trying again. There isn't really anything I am doing differently this time, I don't feel as though there is any other way to stop cutting. You make the decision to stop, fight the awful, constant urges, and try your damnedest to just make it. I want to quit, however, between you and I, I don't know if quitting for good is really what I want. I think short term and quitting for good is just too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment