Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 20 (triggering)

What is the most vivid memory you have of self harm.


There are so many and I'm hesitant to even share one, but here we go...


It was while I was in great falls, there were many times there, but this time was different. I cut several times, but couldn't feel it, the release, anything at all. I felt crazy and I wanted it to stop. The cuts weren't enough. I tried deeper, blood dripping onto the bathroom tiles, and still nothing. It was never like that before, cutting always worked to calm me down so I went to the kitchen and grabbed a large kitchen knife I had hid from someone who was gonna hurt themselves days before. I grabbed it and headed straight to the extra room in my hallway, my face was blank, my skin was bloody, and my brain was racing. I was everywhere and nowhere at all. I wasn't planning to cut, I was planning to die. Locked away in a room where no one would find me til it was too late. I sent one last text and turned off my phone. I was scared, I needed someone, anyone, so I turned my phone back on. My best friend was freaking out and calling me over and over, I refused to answer conflicted as to what to do. I laid down on the bottom bunk that had no mattress and let the springs dig deep into my back. The knife was on my wrist and I was ready, it was time, I started to dig it in, but then my phone rang again. Something inside told me to just answer it, so I did. The phone up against my ear as I put the knife back into its rightful place. What happened next was nothing. Nothing happened and that's exactly what I needed. We stayed on the phone, knife down but still on the sharp springs, for two hours. Not one of us said a word the whole time, I just needed to not be alone. My tears started and I rolled onto the cold floor feeling so weak and defeated, but alive, barely. My mind had slowed and I knew I could make it through the night, but still I wanted to die. I didn't sleep that night.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment: